Thursday, November 2, 2017

October 2017

This month has been another great month at Tulane. Classes are going well, and fall has arrived with cooler temperatures and breezy, clear sky days. Fortunately, our intramural volley ball team has started to find success with victories in our past two games. Intramurals have been a great way to blow off some steam and relax at the end of the day, and is something I look forward to every week. I volunteered with Habitat for Humanity once again, this time on the construction of a new house. There were many volunteers that day (about 30) and we got a lot of work done. One volunteer that was great to work with was the future homeowner himself. He is a musician, and this house was being built near some of his friends, who he had performed alongside with for several years. This corner is a musician’s paradise. It was just nice to meet the person who I was volunteering for and to work alongside him, allowing me to associate a face with the house that I was working to help build. This truly made me feel that I was making a direct impact on someone’s life. Hopefully our paths will cross again in the future.

Volunteer hours: 8
Total Hours: 16

No comments:

Post a Comment